Tuesday, May 17, 2011

My procrastinating ways

I've decided that I have become a most accomplished procrastinator, hiding my wicked ways with tasks that mask what some would call a flaw, and I would argue to be an addition to a wonderfully flavored personality. Regardless, I understand that the earlier I start writing the more I'll be able to accomplish.

Each evening I have a little chat with myself insisting that the next day I'll begin working on my WIP before lunch. It is a sad confession I make, that each day I fail and my writing does not begin until about noon thirty. On a good day.

I've always lacked, somewhat, of the concept of time, but it's not as if I'm dragging my feet about it. There are legitimate obstacles and essential routines needed to reach the necessary frame of mind for a productive day. Prime example: caffeine. The elixir ensures sanity for most of the adult population. I take my daily dosage in either coffee or a tea. Missing of said dose can cause catastrophic results, the likes glimpsed only at the last week of every month. While doing what I must to save humanity from my wrath I like to do some morning reading as well. So what if this may cause me to take a little more time, it's relaxing and leaves me feeling content. No one wants to deal with a grumpy Emma.

The next can easily be blamed on the Surgeon General, who insists that a regular work-out routine is essential for healthy life style. So there goes another hour, after all, a frumpy Emma, makes for a grumpy Emma, and we've already established no one wants to tangle with that. Showering is next on my lax schedule, which takes up another thirty to forty-five minutes of my morning. It's usually a little before noon when I sit in front of my net-book and then the World Wide Web releases it's siren call to me. I deny all blame for what that slutty asexual tempter/temptress does to me.

I don't know what to do, but I refuse to wake up earlier to perform my morning routine.

4 comments:

Gorilla Bananas said...

Exercise is actually better for the cardiovascular system when done later in the day. You could also try writing in your head when you're in the shower. But what the hell, if you start working early you may as well get a regular job.

Emma Claw said...

A regular job... I don't think I've ever heard of one of those.

a-innovation glory an art and design said...

:)

a-innovation glory an art and design said...

practice and explore your talent do your best all